Russia, Moscow, panorama of Bolshoy Moskvoretsky Bridge and the Kremlin at sunset, December 23, 2012
Bolshoy Moskvoretsky bridge (Большой Москворецкий мост ) is a concrete arch bridge that spans the Moskow river immediately to the east from the Kremlin. The bridge connects Red Square with Bolshaya Ordynka street. Wooden bridges east of the Kremlin have existed since the 15th century. The first bridges were floating (ponton bridges on boats). Only in 1829 the permanent wooden one was built about 50 meters west off the present site. In 1971 the bridge burnt down, in 1872 steel arches and decking were installed on the old abutments. In 1935-1938 all bridges in downtown Moscow were replaced with high capacity ones. Moskvoretsky bridge was the first to be completed, and was the only concrete bridge of the 1930s. The bridge was placed at the narrowest point of the Moskow river.
One can see the Bridge, the Kremlin behind it and the City (skyscrapers) atd the background.
On a trip with
Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 100-400L, ISO 200, f/11, 0.4 and 1 sec (3 sets of horizontal shots)